important office policy updates to be aware of
Our office’s top priority is the safety of our patients & team. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated many office policies to ensure the health and comfort of everyone entering our office. Please read below so you can be prepared for you or your child’s next appointment. If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to call!
We will only permit one responsible party to accompany a young patient, if the patient is comfortable completing the appointment alone we encourage that.
If the patient or anyone in their household has traveled in the past two weeks, has had flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, body aches) or been in contact with a possible or confirmed COVID-19 patient that they reschedule their appointment.
Please park in the spots with the big yellow sign. You will text the number (941) 444-5191 the patient’s last name so we know you have arrived. We will respond when we’re ready for the patient to come inside!
We will require everyone in the office to be wearing a mask (please bring your own masks).
Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry and exit.
Please brush before your appointments as our brushing station is now for hand washing only.
Your comfort, safety and well-being have always been our top priority. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations. We appreciate your assistance and understanding with following our updated guidelines to ensure safety for all.
- Our waiting room games and iPads have been temporarily removed or turned off. Magazines and books have also been removed.
- To promote social distancing, we are limiting who comes to the appointment (should just be patient and responsible party).
- Everyone who enters the office MUST be wearing a mask.
- Our brushing station is closed and we ask patients brush their teeth at home, not at our office.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Everyone who enters the office will be screened with a health questionnaire and your temperature will be taken.
- Our clinical staff will be wearing more protective personal equipment (PPE) such as gowns, caps & protective eye wear.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed all throughout the office to limit contact with others.
- Hand sanitizer will be used upon entry and exit.
- High contact surfaces (door knobs, counter tops, keyboard etc.) are being disinfected every 30 minutes.
- HEPA air purifiers have been installed throughout the entire office.
- Extra-oral dental suction units are being used for aerosol producing procedures.